Monday, January 18, 2016

The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

iTitle: Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Number of Pages: 383 Pages

Synopsis:

This is a world divided by blood – red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart ...


Review:

I hadn't heard much about this book, I have seen it on shelves from time to time and another book always took precedence over it so it was placed further down on my TBR pile. Finally while at Walmart the other day I decided that I had waited enough and picked it up and devoured the book.  I am kicking myself now for waiting so long to read this amazing book.
 I LOVE IT! Seriously, it was so good I recently decided to share how amazing it is by giving it away in a blog hop. 

It only took me three days to finish reading it, and that was just because of long work hours and being a mom.  All I could think about as I went about my day to day activities was this book and what was going to happen next. The plot haunted my every step.  I obsessed over it and what would happen next, the book was just that good.

Anyway, the book is about two different classes of people, The Reds  who are the equivalence of Surfs, and the Silvers or royals with powers and silver blood.

That is until our Main character Mare comes along, a red girl with silver powers.

This book reminded me a lot of The Selection Series and X-men combined, two of my favorite categories because they blended so well.

I thoroughly enjoyed the love aspect in this book, it toes the entire time. The best part kept me on my toes the entire time, and the best part is that looking back, knowing what I know now, I can see every bit of foreshadowing and warning that was so expertly woven into the thick of things.

There was a lot that happened in this book there was a lot of action and emotions packed into the first book. And unlike most books in a series I was  not left unfulfilled or feeling rushed. This book is like Thanksgiving, you eat and eat and eat your fill of it, gorging until you are satisfied and stuffed.  And just like I look forward to my desert  I am excited for the next instalment of the series.

RATING::
5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment