Monday, January 18, 2016

Insanity by Cameron Jace

Title: Insanity
Author: Cameron Jace
Number of Pages: 254

Synopsis:
After accidentally killing everyone in her class, Alice Wonder is now a patient in the Radcliffe Lunatic Asylum. No one doubts her insanity. Only a hookah-smoking professor believes otherwise; that he can prove her sanity by decoding Lewis Carroll's paintings, photographs, and find Wonderland's real whereabouts. Professor Caterpillar persuades the asylum that Alice can save lives and catch the wonderland monsters now reincarnated in modern day criminals. In order to do so, Alice leads a double life: an Oxford university student by day, a mad girl in an asylum by night. The line between sanity and insanity thins when she meets Jack Diamond, an arrogant college student who believes that nonsense is an actual science.


Review:
I came across this book as a part of a tour, I couldn't tell you whose blog it was to save my life, I blame mother hood and insanity, pun intended. But I was immediately drawn to the color and the beauty of this cover. It would definitely qualify as cover lust.
My last blog was titled Wonderland Reviews so I thought that it was a fitting book to read as I got everything settled and organized here.

Not only did I fall in love with the cover, but I fell in love with the entire series, I mean how could I not with the insane asylum, where there is an inmate named Carter Pillar, the wording alone was great. I loved discovering the Wonderlanders in disguise as well as the monsters that Lewis Caroll had locked away and wrote about.

In the first book they are on the hunt for the Cheshire who is killing people, seven young girls in particular During the quest to find and stop the wonderland monster we learn the back story about the Cheshire and why he hates humans. When from his point of view I would be just as bitter and angry with humanity. I love that the villain had a back story that tugged at your heart strings and made you sympathize with the villain.

I really loved the writing, there were so many quotes that I loved and high lighted because they just resonated with me, they stuck with me through my day to day life.

I loved finding out what really happened to put Alice in the institution, did she really kill all those kids? Was it wonder land monsters, is it all in Alice's head.



Quotes:

" I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."

"The only philosophical problem with accepting the existence of Wonderland is that it means our reality could actually be a figment of our imagination."

"It's as if I have written his name on the inner walls of my heart. AS if I am stained with his soul."

"Whatever we shared is buried somewhere in the abyss of my mind. I just don't know how to swim deep enough and return to the surface with it."

"What is life but a big silly book."

"If you've survived parasites and bacteria until the age of nineteen, you can survive sane people."

"You're caring too much about people Alice, " he says" Take it from me: sane is mundane, insanity is the new black."

" I wonder if evolution wasn't from ape to man but from insane to sane."

"One of the privileges of not knowing who you are is that you can pretend to be anyone you like."

"Questions are the lazy man's way to try to learn, when the only way to learn is not to ask."

"You know what the insane people are, Alice?" The pillar says. " They are just sane people who know to much."


RATING::
5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment