Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Magic Dark & Bright by Jenny Adams Perinovic


                                                                            

 Synopsis:
She meant to help a ghost...not unleash a curse.

Amelia Dupree hasn’t seen the Woman in White since the night her brother died.

The ghost seems to have disappeared from the woods surrounding Asylum, Pennsylvania—that is, until Charlie Blue moves into the creepy old MacAllister House next door. Amelia can’t help liking him, even though she spent her childhood thinking his grandmother was a witch. And she definitely can’t ignore the connection between his arrival and the Woman in White’s return.

Then Amelia learns that the Woman in White is a prisoner, trapped between the worlds of the living and the dead. Devastated by the idea that her brother could be suffering a similar fate, Amelia decides to do whatever it takes to help the Woman in White find peace--and Charlie agrees to help her.

But when Amelia’s classmates start to drown in the Susquehanna River, one right after another, rumors swirl as people begin to connect the timing of Charlie’s arrival with the unexplained deaths. As Charlie and Amelia uncover the dark history of Asylum, they realize they may have unleashed an unspeakable evil. One they have to stop before everything they love is destroyed.

Review:

Saying that I loved this book would probably be the under statement of the year. It would be completely accurate to say that I want the second book like yesterday.

This book scared me in the best of ways, ok scared was probably the wrong word, it was thrilling and intense and kept me on the edge of my seat. I mean a lot happens right off the bat.

The story you think you know starts to come a part as pasts are revealed and secrets are spilled. People die, people kiss, there is magic! And that is all before chapter five.

Yeah those kiss scene's... they were so well written and swoon worthy. I was so happy to find a book that did not have the typical love triangle. I love that the characters were so well rounded and developed, I could almost pick them out of a crowd milling through the city.

If I had to find the flaw in this book it would be that Amelia had those stupid girl moments that make you want to scream at your movie screen. I really wish a boy would have those moments for once.

I really look forward to a sequel... please let there be a sequel because the ending left me with so many mixed emotions and I am dying to know what happens next.

Rating:
4 out of 5 Stars!

Goodreads Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment